Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Favorite Narnia Characters Part 1

     One of my favorite Narnia characters is Lucy Pevensie.  Why??  Well, let me explain.
      I love her faith and deep love for Aslan.  She is what we Christians should strive to be like towards Christ.  We should have undying faith and love for Christ just like Lucy had for Aslan.
     I aslo love her always positive attitude.  It's very refreshing compared to Susan.
      Now I'm not saying Lucy's perfect.  She did falter in Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  In Prince Caspian, she didn't follow Aslan even though she knew he was calling her to follow him; and in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, she read a spell to find out what her friends thought of her.  Each of these times, Aslan pointed out to her these flaws, and she realized her mistake and strived to be a better person.
     I think we all need a little Lucy in us.  We all need her kind attitude and devotion towards Christ(yes, in her case Aslan, but Aslan is a representation of Christ).
Lucy Pevensie: Will you come and visit us in our world? Aslan: I shall be watching you always. Lucy Pevensie: How?
Aslan: In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.

No comments:

Post a Comment