Sunday, October 21, 2012

What Team Are You On?

     Recently during our morning Bible lessons at my house, we have been studying David and King Saul.  We just studied last week the story when David decides to take shelter from King Saul in the Philistine country.  Of course, that wasn't what God had intended for him.  David didn't like the Philistines, but he was living in the country with them.  Our lesson book had such a great application to this story that I'd thought I'd share it with you all.  Here it is:


     "Imagine if a basketball player decided to wear the uniform of the opposite team.  His argument might be, 'It fits.  It doesn't make me a lesser player.  Everyone knows me anyway.'  The fact is that it would interfere with his loyalty to the coach, his team, and the cheering crowd.  When he wears the uniform of the oppisite team, everyone is confused; no one knows whose side he is on."


     This is such a perfect illustration for our lives as Christians.  We may say we're a Christian and some might know we're a Christian, but that doesn't mean we are acting like Christians.  This even means if we're listening to secular music, going to see questionable movies at the theater, and watching questionable shows on TV.  We need to be so seperate from the world that people know when they see us that we are Christians, that we are on Christ's team.
     After we read this during our Bible lesson, it made me think.  Am I showing Christ through my life?  Do people see me and say, "Wow, that's a Godly girl"?  I sure hope so!  I do know I have many places to work on.  I am far from perfect.  But I want people to know that I wear Christ's uniform.  That I'm on Christ's team, and He's my coach.



    " If we are Christians, we need to make it unmistakable to everyone; we should be loyal to our Head Coach, Jesus Christ(Matt. 6:24).  We should seperate ourselves from anything that would muddle our identity as a believer in Jesus(2 Cor. 6:12-18)."

    Hope you all enjoyed!


*Liddy* 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I really like that. Guess I better start my training and "work-out" :) Also, this post reminds me of two songs by Jamie Grace: "God Girl" and "Show Jesus" they are both great songs. Anyways thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard Jamie Grace's "Hold Me" and those songs too. I really like her style.:)

      *Liddy*

      Delete
  2. Can I post a link to this on my blog? It is such a great word picture, and I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Lissie! I would be honored o have you put it on yur blog. Thanks!:)

      *Liddy*

      Delete