Wednesday, November 21, 2012

22,000 Words Done. 30,000 Words to Go

     Yes, I am amidst the frustration, the excitement, and the hard work of NaNoWriMo.  For those who don't know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month.  It is a month set aside for people to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days.  If you're apart of the children's program, you can do any word count.  If you are apart of the adult program, you have to do 50,000 words or more.  Yes, I joined the children's program.:)  It includes elementary through high school.  But I am doing 50,000 words.:) 
     One would think that writing a book wouldn't be hard.  It's so not that easy!  It's halfway over, and I'm not halfway done.  I had three separate mini stories tieing together in my book, which is quite hard to keep up with!  And figuring out how to flesh out an allegorical figure of God isn't quite the easiest task.
     I will not divulge about my story too much, because I'm keeping that only to myself until it's done.:)  But here is what I imagine my main character to appear.

     She has long blond hair pulled into a side fishtail.
      Her outfit is a huntress like medieval costume, but there is no picture of an outfit that I envision.  I guess you could say it's like the dress above, but my character's is green with a stomach corset. 
       And, of course, my character has bow and arrows!  Why wouldn't I make a character without them? 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

*Liddy*

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the hair! I wish I could do a side fishtail...:) Can't wait to hear more about your book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fishtailes are easier than you think! If you Youtube it, there are many tutorials. I never thought it was easy, but if you give it a try, you will love it! Thanks for commenting!

      *Liddy*

      Delete