Beth: If God wants me with Him, there is none who will stop Him. I don't mind. I was never like the rest of you... making plans about the great things I'd do. I never saw myself as anything much. Not a great writer like you.
Jo: Beth, I'm not a great writer.
Beth: But you will be. Oh, Jo, I've missed you so. Why does everyone want to go away? I love being home. But I don't like being left behind. Now I am the one going ahead. I am not afraid. I can be brave like you
Thorin
Oakenshield: It matters.
I want to know - why did you come back?
Bilbo
Baggins: Look, I
know you doubt me, I know you always have. And you're right... I often think of
Bag End. I miss my books, and my armchair, and my garden. See, that's where I
belong, that's home. That's why I came back... 'cause you don't have one, a
home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I
can.
Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop 'til
nightfall. Pippin: What about
breakfast? Aragorn: You've already had
it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
[Aragorn turns and walks off in disgust]
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
[Aragorn turns and walks off in disgust]
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.
Mr. Tumnus: "He'll be coming and going" he had said. "One day you'll see him and another you won't. He doesn't like being tied down--and of course he has other countries to attend to. It's quite all right. He'll often drop in. Only you mustn't press him. He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion.”
*Liddy*




Aw! I love 'Little Women' and Mr. Tummus! He is quite possibly the most beloved character in Narnia. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks bunches for the blog follow today, Liddy! Really appreciate it - and hope you continue to visit. :)