Saturday, December 8, 2012

Twelve Days of the Hobbit(Day 3)

     Yes, it's only a week away!!!  I'm so excited!  I haven't decided yet if I want to see the movie in the HFR 3D or just 2D.  I heard that the HFR 3D has made people sick and is hard to watch, but I really want to give it a try!




An unlikeable character:

By the end of The Hobbit one character that never really grew on me in the book was Thorin Oakenshield, the leader of the dwarven company.  His whole demeanor in the book was not pleasant.  He stayed mad and depressed.  I know, I know, he had good reasons to be unhappy, but I still didn't care for him.
     I am looking forward to Richard Armitage's portrayal though of Thorin.  From the clips I've seen, he's perfect!
     By the way, for those of you who like period dramas, Thorin is played by Richard Armitage who also played Mr. Thornton in the BBC 2004 version of North and South.  I also will have a review of that soon too.:)



*Liddy*

3 comments:

  1. It's cool how different the same person can look in different movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You wouldn't be able to tell they were the same person without looking him up. Thanks for commenting!

      *Liddy*

      Delete
  2. He is like my favorite actor EVER! (Richard Armitage I mean) He is on my two favorite series- Robin Hood and North and South! I am so glad that he is on the Hobbit! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete