Thursday, December 20, 2012

Movie Review: The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey Part One

        This will be broken up into two parts since I have soooooo much to say!  Mainly this post will be made up of the positives about my favorite characters.:)
 

Thorin: "I'm sorry I doubted you."
Bilbo:"It's all right.  I would've doubted me too."

     Martin Freeman was Bilbo!  He portrayed every characteristic and emotion perfectly!  Everything from his facial expressions to the way he moved was just utterly Bilbo!  No one could do a better job!! 


     Now, on to  Thorin.

     Richard Armitage nailed Thorin!!  He had his anger, bitterness, devotion to the others in company, and his suspicion of Bilbo. 
    
  Bofur(when telling Bilbo about Smaug): "Just picture a furnace with wings."

     Bofur is one of my favorite dwarves.  He was so funny at Bag End with Bilbo.  He kept telling Bilbo how terrible Smaug was to the point where Bilbo fainted!! 
     He was also the more upbeat one of the company which was nice.  If you haven't seen the movie, you'll love Bofur!

     Then Mr. Balin.:)

     Balin was another one of my favorites.  He was the wise old dwarf in the company, and he was very kind to Bilbo.:)


    

     Ori is actually the youngest dwarf.  He had such a sweet little personality!  Also, his only weapon was a small slingshot.  I don't know how he thought he would be able to protect himself with that, though! 


     I was very leery of Kili when the first pictures of him surfaced.  He didn't look like a dwarf!!  But they portrayed him very well in the movie.  And, I have to say, he very good-looking!!  Plus, he had a bow and arrows.:)


     Another part of the movie I enjoyed was the music.  I love orchestra movie soundtracks, especially The Lord of the Rings soundtrack.  Of course, I was happy to know the same composer who wrote The Lord of the Rings music was writing the music for The Hobbit.  I was not disappointed at all!  The way he weaved old themes from Lord of the Rings into this soundtrack was wonderful, especially how much the song Concerning Hobbits was infused.

What was your favorite part of the movie?  Who was your favorite dwarf?

*Liddy*

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Hannah. You may or may not remember me from the AGFan messageboard.
    Does my username HannahM ring a bell? Well anyway, I have just started reading the Hobbit (eBook, although I'm getting the books soon.) and I must say it is amazing! Just the way J.R.R. Tolkien wrote it makes it such a great book. I'm hoping to get the movie soon, also. Is it like the book?

    ReplyDelete