Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Narnia Tag!

     I was so excited when I saw a Narnia tag on Austenitis.  It's a lovely blog written by Charity U, about Jane Austen and many other interesting books. 
     Without further a do here are my answers.  Beware!  I might be slightly obsessed with Narnia.:)

Who’s your favorite Pevensie kid?  
     Right now, it's Peter.  I have always enjoyed him in the books and movies.  He is very kind to his siblings which you don't find most older brothers who are.  He is also pretty loyal to Aslan and is willing to fight for Narnia at anytime needed.   He is an incredible leader, in my opinion.  There aren't just enough good things you can say about him!  Not to mention he's pretty good-looking in the movies.*coughcough*  Anyways, next question!:)


List the other three Pevensie kids in order according to how much you like them. Include a few details. 
     Lucy definitely is next.  She is such a sweet over-all like able character!  I just love her undying devotion towards Alsan.  She's really the only Pevensie who has unwavering faith in him.
   
     Susan and Edmund are a tie.  They both have qualities I like and really dislike.  Susan is negative and argumentative and stops believing in Narnia, but she was very brave and took good care of Lucy.  Edmund made a large mistake in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but overcame that and was great in the rest of the books.  When watching the movies, I prefer Susan.  When reading the books, I prefer Edmund.


Who’s your favorite Narnian (other than Aslan)?
Caspain.  He is quite brave, and is very loyal to Aslan.  I mean he rebelled against his uncle and risked his life to help the Narnians.  If that's not great, I don't know what is.

     Also, he has an incredible smile.<3



Which child are you the most similar to? 
     I have been told I'm similar to Susan.  When I take quizzes I tend to get mainly Caspian, then Susan, and once or twice Peter.

Have you read the books?
     Of course!  I've read them all once and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader twice.



Which book is your favorite? Why?
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader  is probably my favorite.  I enjoy Eustace very much so  throughout the book.  The visits to all the different islands brought a different depth to the story than the others had.  It was very intriguing.



Have you seen the movies? If so, which is your favorite? And which do you like least?
     The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is my favorite movie.  It was the most accurate to the book.  I loved every single music score Harry Gregson-Williams wrote for the movie.  Each song brought so much emotion. 
     I love the magical feel to the first one.  You know, the newness of Narnie to the Pevenesies.  When they first step through wardrobe and feel the cold wind and the snow flakes softly fall on their heads then finally stand before Aslan for the first time in awe that the king of all Narnia is a lion.  It's just something you could never recreate in another movie so beautifully. 
     Prince Caspian is definitely my second favorite.  I enjoyed the additions they added to the story.  I felt it didn't hurt the original story too much.  I was very happy on how they portrayed Prince Caspian.  Even though Ben Barnes was a little older for the character, he was perfect!
     I really  don't like The Voyage of the Dawn Treader at all!  It was so different from the book!  The seven swords. Really?  Really?  Isn't C. S. Lewis' book fine without all that?  And the changing of the Telmarines from Mediterranean to British was a big mistake.  They all have Hispanic-like accents in Prince Caspian then suddenly they have British in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  I need to stop before I get a little too upset.:)

Tell us some general thoughts about the movies – what you liked or disliked about them.

The CGI on the Centaurs, Minatoars, and other animals were perfect!!  I think I covered my others thoughts in the above question.

Did you get to see any of the movies in the theater? Which one(s)?
I saw the The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in theaters once, Prince Caspian twice, and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader three times(once in 3D and twice in 2D).


Have you gotten to read the amazing movie guides for LWW and PC?
I bought both!  They are amazing!!  I love how many pictures they each have!


If you had to live in Narnia for one day – one day from any of the books as any of the characters – which day/character would you choose? Why?
Maybe when Lucy discovers Narnia for the first time and has tea with Mr. Tumnus.  It just seems like it would be a simple, wonderful day.



     Thanks for doing this Charity U!  It was a lot of fun!:)


*Liddy*

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! :) I agree with you--except, I did like the Voyage of the Dawn Treader; however, I did not read the books. I agree with you also about Peter, but Edmund...:) Anyways!! love your answers, and great post!! :) -Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! You can do the tag too!:)

      *Liddy*

      Delete