Thursday, July 19, 2012

In Which I Quote My Favorite Author

     C. S. Lewis has been my favorite author since I picked up my first Chronicles of Narnia book when I was nine.  I loved that he was able to form such a fascinating story that had Jesus all through it.  Ever since I read the the full Narnia series and saw all the movies, I have had this longing to live there.    To see Aslan create Narnia, to enter the wardrobe with Lucy, to have tea with Mr. Tumnus, to watch Alsan rise from the dead, to be crowned queen of Narnia with the Pevensies, to fight in battle along with Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Caspian.  This list could go on for forever!   
 
      But I realize that longing to be in another world will be fulfilled once I get to heaven.  As C. S. Lewis stated in his quote(above) we as Christians were not made for this world.  We were made for heaven.  That is our Narnia.  And won't it be a wonderful day when we finally see it with our own eyes!

And now just a few great quotes from C. S. Lewis.




      I love this one!



*Liddy*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liddy! I love your post! Just to let you know, I nominate you for the I Love Your Blog Award and the Your Blog is Great! award. :)

    P.S. Thanks for nominating me! Come check out the post soon (Also, did I do the whole thing right? I've never done anything like this before:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bailey! Yes, you did it right.:) Awards are a little hard to understand.:) I still struggle with them! Thanks for commenting!:)

      *Liddy*

      Delete